Pesto Chicken Tortellini and Veggies – solid, simple Mediterranean-style supper. Cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs are cooked with sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil. At that point, cooked chicken is joined with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, tortellini, and basil pesto!
PESTO CHICKEN TORTELLINI:
- Fast and solid formula. This formula utilizes 2 of my preferred fixings: basil pesto and tortellini – and you can purchase both in most supermarkets. Which settles on this formula a solid decision for a snappy weeknight supper. Particularly when you don't have that much an ideal opportunity to cook. Simply get a few tortellini and basil pesto (in addition to chicken and veggies) in the store, and make this pesto chicken tortellini with veggies quickly!
- Stuffed with veggies. This simple chicken dish has heaps of beautiful vegetables: red and yellow grape tomatoes, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Even feast. This chicken tortellini formula has veggies, sound oils (olive oil and basil pesto), protein (chicken), and a moderate measure of carbs (tortellini). A decent parity of different fixings.
- Mediterranean-style formula. Everything is liberally covered with basil pesto and olive oil, and this formula has loads of vegetables – ideal for the Mediterranean eating regimen.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TORTELLINI WITH VEGGIES:
1) Add 1 pound of sliced skinless and boneless chicken thighs (seasoned with salt), 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes to a large skillet.
2) Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
3) Remove the cooked chicken and sun-dried tomatoes from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
4) Add 1 pound of asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned with salt, 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet.
5) Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through.
6) Cook 1 cup tortellini according to the package instructions, drain.
7) In the same skillet combine cooked chicken, cooked asparagus, cooked tortellini, and halved cherry tomatoes.
8) Mix everything with 1/4 cup of basil pesto on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tortellini uncooked
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1/4 cup basil pesto or use more
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
1. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add sliced chicken thighs (seasoned with salt), 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turning chicken slices over a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken and the sun-dried from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
4. Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, and 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet.
5. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through. Remove the asparagus to a serving plate.
6. Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain.
7. Add cooked chicken back to the skillet. Add basil pesto. Stir to coat and cook on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
8. Add cooked tortellini and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine. Add more pesto if desired.
9. Season with more salt if needed.
10. Add chicken, cherry tomatoes and tortellini to the serving plate with asparagus.