An easy recipe for the most unbelievably MOIST banana bread nut bread with chocolate chips! This classic banana bread is studded with pecans and chocolate. My secret ingredient to perfect banana bread: extremely over-ripe bananas. This recipe is great for brunches, with a morning cup of coffee or even with a scoop of ice cream.
If you love quick, cakey bread recipes that are unbelievably soft, moist (yes I said it) and come together easily this is for you. It’s perfect when you need a quick dessert to bring to the office in the morning or an easy morning treat at brunch.
Save it, bake it, above all eat it because it’s sort of legendary.
Ingredients for Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips:• Unsalted butter, melted or softened
• Brown Sugar
• Vanilla Extract
• Very Ripe Bananas
• Baking Soda
• Chocolate Chopped or Your fav chopped chocolate bar!
How to make Banana Bread without a mixer!
I love this recipe because it comes together in one easy loaf tin, no mixer required and is extremely moist every. time.
How do you keep banana bread moist you ask!?
Start with extremely over-ripe bananas. I’m talking like almost black, okay?! Like bananas that you probably would have thrown out. They are the sweetest and hold great moisture for banana bread! Mash them up and set them to the side.
Mix together your melted butter, brown sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Add in your mashed bananas and mix until smooth.
Next add in your flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until just combined.
Lastly, add in your chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips!) and pecans.
Top banana bread with chocolate chips and more banana slices before baking for 1 hour!
How to quickly ripen bananas for banana nut bread with chocolate chips:
If you just simply cannot wait for brown bananas, here are a few ways to quickly ripen bananas for banana bread:
1. Keep them together: bananas ripen more quickly in a 24-48 hour period when they are left in their bunch. If you’re saving bananas for a daily snack, separate them to keep them fresher.
2. Hot hot heat: Keep your bananas in a warmer part of the house to increase browning time.
3. The quickest way: Place your bananas on a sheet pan with parchment paper and baking at a low heat 300-325F for 15-20 minutes or until they are black and soft.
Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips Variations:
Get Nutty: Feel free to swap out the pecans and chocolate chips for a different nut or white chocolate chips.
Espresso Powder: If you plan on having this bread for brunch or breakfast adding in 1-2 teaspoons of espresso powder will add a rich aroma.
Muffins: Turn this banana bread into muffins easily by lining a cupcake tip with liners. Bake for 25-30 minutes at the same temperature or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Storing banana bread: Keep your banana bread wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, foil or Tupperware. Bread will stay fresh at room temperature for a couple of days and up to a week in the refrigerator.
Ingredients8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted or softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium, very ripe bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 bag of chocolate chips or 12 ounces of chopped chocolate
Banana Slices for topping
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky.
3. In a large bowl combine melted or softened butter with brown sugar until smooth.
4. Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
5. To mixture, add milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add in in the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until incorporated.
6. Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to batter and gently stir until batter is combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay.
7. Gently fold in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (reserve 1/4 cup for topping) and pecans until just combined.
8. Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top and top with a few banana slices and remaining chocolate. Bake banana bread for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
9. Allow banana bread to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing.